One concert I dropped some dough on this year was for The Rolling Stones Zip Code Tour on July 1st. Best decision ever. If you know me at all, you know I love a good concert. Not only did they play at my beloved Carter-Finely Stadium (go Wolfpack), but one of my FAVORITE bands opened for The Stones… The Avett Brothers! I was beyond stoked. Normally I don’t make it to the opening act, but I made sure my tail was in my seat to see The Avett Brothers perform. You also better believe I was jamming out to them as well + getting strange looks from the elder crowd. You could tell who was an Avett Brothers fan when they were performing.
Scott Avett should really be People’s Sexiest Man Alive… just sayin’.
Ok onto the main attraction, The Rolling Stones! What a SHOW! Here’s their setlist from the show:
- Jumpin’ Jack Flash
- It’s Only Rock’n Roll (But I Like It)
- Let’s Spend the Night Together
- Tumbling Dice
- Out of Control
- Moonlight Mile
- Shine a Light
- Honky Tonk Women
- Before They Make Me Run
- Midnight Rambler
- Miss You
- Gimme Shelter
- Start Me Up
- Sympathy for the Devil
- Brown Sugar
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the Duke Vespers)- ENCORE
- I Can’t Get No Satisfaction– ENCORE
Thoughts I had while at the The Rolling Stones concert:
- It provided the BEST people watching, ever.
- Keith Richard + Mick Jagger are in a heated competition for the most wrinkles.
- Charlie Watts (the drummer) looked like a turtle + didn’t look happy at all during the concert. I loved it!
- Best dressed goes to Ronnie Wood + his red high tops.
- I hope I can still move like Jagger when I’m in my 70s.
- Mick Jagger totally name dropped NC State, UNC + Duke as well as RTP, which was random + hilarious.
- The Duke Vespers did a stellar job performing with The Rolling Stones. That’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, I hope they soaked up every second of it.
I was beyond glad I went to see The Rolling Stones perform + I HIGHLY suggest that if you ever have the opportunity to go see them, DO IT! They may be getting up there in age, but they’ve still got it!