It’s a full-time job looking for a job. When you’re unemployed, there’s only so many times you can go on LinkedIn, Indeed, etc and see the same jobs you’ve applied for. With that being said- YES, I am job hunting, networking, etc., but I’m also enjoying my “spring break” or “staycation” as one might call it. What have I been doing since the beginning of April other than job hunting? I’ll tell you…
- 13 Reasons Why. I have no shame in admitting I binge-watched 13 Reasons Why on Netflix in 2 days. Originally I had intentions of watching the newest season of Grace and Frankie, but I was intrigued when 13 Reasons Why popped up on the main screen. I was hooked. P.S. I still need to watch Grace and Frankie.
- Visiting friends. By no means am I traveling to Georgia, Florida or Dallas to visit friends. I’m keeping it local since I’ve got a mortgage I gotta pay. Since I have all this time on my hands I’m spending it with my friends as well as ones from high school I haven’t seen in ages, family friends and old co-workers. I feel like I’m on tour, but only visiting 1-2 cities.
- Wine tasting. And by wine tasting I mean drinking wine with friends. I’ve also become OBSESSED with creating a homemade cheese board. You can’t go wrong with a double bottle of Barefoot Pinot Grigio and some nice cheese, especially when it’s all on sale. Some of my favorite cheeses include goat cheese, havarti and port salut. Pro tip: drizzle a little honey on the cheese… it’s PHENOMENAL.
- Reading. I finally finished Andy Cohen’s second book, The Andy Cohen Diaries and I’m currently reading The Sister by Louise Jensen. I also have three more books lined up after that: You’ll Grow Out of It by Jessi Klein, Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly and The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. Looks like I just might make my Goodreads goal of reading 25 books this year.
- Trial + Error. I got hooked on a new show, Trial + Error with the hilarious John Lithgow + Sherri Shepherd. I’m not going to lie I thought I wouldn’t be able to see past John Lithgow’s super creepy appearance from Dexter, but I did. The writing is impeccable and the casting for the show is superb. I’m going to need NBC to renew this hilarious show for another season.
- Crafts. I decided to pick up an old pastime of mine, cross stitching. It’s a hobby I used to dabble in, but then life got in the way. I’m also going to take a class with Craft Habit Raleigh and try my hand at embroidery. Stay tuned for the outcome on that.
- Spring cleaning. The great spring purge of 2017 is underway! While I’ve donated some of my things I’ve also sold some items on Poshmark and those Buy/Sell groups on Facebook. The good news is I didn’t end up on Dateline after that transaction. So I guess you could say I’m making an income… it’s only enough to feed my need to go to Dos Taquitos or purchase Pinto Grigio.
So that’s basically what I’ve been doing since the beginning of April. Oh, and I’ve been going to the gym, but I’m not going to brag about that. I just want to be a stay at home mom without having kids. Or maybe substitute the kids for some pets. A girl can dream, can’t she?