Two words. Bruno Mars.
Can I just talk about how amazing he is live in concert? But really.
Here’s my overall review of the show:
- The opener, Jorja Smith, was kind of a snooze fest. Her voice sounded just like Nelly Furtado, but her style (fashion) was more Rihanna. Most of her performance consisted of her standing at the mic.
- Bruno opened the show with Finesse from his 24K Magic album with some pyrotechnics from the stage.
- I could have done without the pyrotechnics, every time it went off I screamed. My friends got entertainment out of me being startled every single time.
- He played most of hits like, 24K Magic, Treasure, Chunky, That’s What I Like, Versace on the Floor, Marry You, Grenade, Just The Way Your Are, Locked Out of Heaven and Uptown Funk.
- Bruno’s band was the bomb dot com, they provided so much energy to the show that paralleled perfectly with Bruno’s stage presence.
- He didn’t talk a lot. Sometimes performers like to talk between sets (which I’m not a fan of), he didn’t do that… so Mr. Mars, I thank you.
- Shout out to the man in front of me who wore a Chance the Rapper shirt and had his ears plugged the entire night. Maybe you should have bought ear plugs or purchased seats that was further from the stage. You blocked a lot of my views. #notblessed
It was a stellar night with friends. If you get the chance to see Bruno Mars in concert, DO IT! The man can sing, dance and play the guitar. And let’s not forget he’s easy on the eyes too.