As soon as I landed in Jacksonville I was a happy gal for the following reasons…
- I successfully flew somewhere by myself (woot, woot)
- I made it to my destination in one piece
- Helloooooooooo mini vacation!!
We were both pretty hungry so our first stop was lunch… she gave me the option of going to a chain restaurant or somewhere local. Of course I chose somewhere local, duh! We had lunch at a the Metro Diner (fun little tidbit… it was featured on the Food Network’s show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives). Major noms!
Rather than bore y’all with our day to day activities, I’ll give you the Cliff Notes version of how I spent my “mini vacation.”
- Anthropologie. I’m obsessed with Anthropologie. If I could I would live there. I think we spent close to an hour admiring all the clothes and home accessories. I left the store with a coffee mug and a squirrel candle (I have a slight obsession with squirrels, but that story is for another day).
- Wine. When you’re on vacation you want to kick back, right? Y’all need to try Dr. Heidemanns-Bergweiler Riesling, it was ah-mah-zing.
- Outdoor seating at Biscotti’s. This was my favorite restaurant in Jacksonville. The peach bellini’s were delicious, the apple dill chicken salad wrap was unbelievably good and the triple chocolate cake knocked our socks off. Not to mention they were featured in Southern Living and you can’t second guess Southern Living, right?!
- Antiquing. Yes, you read correctly. My friend and I both love finding vintage finds or finding items to bring new life to. We ventured to Sugar Bears, the Antique Market and the Southern Crossing Antique Mall.
All in all I had a fabulous time. I could have slapped myself since it took me over 2 years to get down there and visit one of my best friends. I’m already looking forward to my next trip to Jacksonville whenever that may be…